So it's just another day in paradise! All is well here in OK City. I'm heading to the library to study most of the day. Jason is working and Tanner is playing and being wonderful!
So, I'm having to think about working this summer. Since I did so well in school, I'm able to do the on-campus interviews from the top law firms in the city. I guess rumors are that OU students get picked over OCU. So I'm not going to get my hopes up, but it will be good interview experience.
It's funny how it's all coming together in a sense. I never thought I could actually get into law schoool and now I'm here and doing better than I thought I could. So...things just keep getting better and better for me in this aspect.
So Tanner will be 1 in less than 2 months. It is just amazing how time has flown by. I remember the first two months went by so slowly. I was so nervous all the time. I wanted him to hurry up and grow up so I wasn't such a paranoid freak. Now, like everyone else, I do miss that time. When he would fall asleep in my arms and now....no way. He wants in his own bed. He is very independant and I do love that about him. I want him to be able to do things on his own. It's a catch 22. I want so much for him to need me yet I want him to be able to do anything and everything on his own!
I'm a very proud mother and wife, so I should just let things be!
I just want to say thank you again to my wonderful husband! Without him I would not have gotten this far. He has been so supportive in all that I have to do for law school.
Oh, I do have my funny story to tell about a lunch I had last week. So I get a call at like 12:15pm from school. I am putting Tanner in his carseat getting ready to drop him off at the sitter's house. They ask if I could come to a luncheon they are having for a Judge that is at the school from Arizona. So I'm like "sure." Thinking they must just need to a body to fill up the room. So I get there close to 1 and the room is full of faculty. So I go find the lady who called me and ask her and she's says "Oh..yes...go on in there." I then explained how I had on jeans and she assured me that it did not matter.
So I go in and some guy shows me an empty seat. Oh and everyone is all dressed up, suit/tie kinda deal....I'm in jeans and a sweater! It's a small room with three tables in the shape of a U. AND....it's ALL faculty! No...you don't get it...there are like 15 people and me!! At the head of the table is the Dean, the Judge and two other important people. The Dean gets up and talks a little, introduces the Judge and the other two men. Then says "Let's go around the room and introduce ourselves"...I'm like..WHAT...um...oh my God! How did I get in here??? Seriously, So I'm thinking....what will I say. So I say that I asked to come since the Judge is from the Appellate court in the district where AZ sits. The court is actually in Phoenix, so I played it off, I THINK!!
So after that, we all "talk amongst ourselves"....nobody talked to me for a while. Then one professor and the school attorney talk to me. They were very nice to me and I think maybe knew I was uncomfortable...not sure. Anyway...the Judge gets up and talks after that and then we have desert and it's done. I could not get out of there fast enough. Of course 4 of my professors were in the room and wanted me to talk about it in class later that day.
Honestly, it was uncomfortable but I could not have gotten luckier. Got my name and face out there to my professors and the Judge was pretty interesting.
Maybe next time I'll change clothes and at least not be the only one in jeans and birkenstocks!!!
This entry was posted
on 2/01/2008 08:28:00 AM
.
You can leave a response
and follow any responses to this entry through the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.