Halloween  

Posted by: Jason, Kelly and Tanner




So halloween isn't the holiday that I've really ever looked forward to. I've never really gotten into it for a number of reasons.

One, most women costumes are way to slutty for me to wear. This year proved no different!!

Two, I never really have an imagination for the holiday, I can never think of what to be.

Third, you don't get a day off of school or work for it! :)
Well last year Tanner was a pumpkin and we didn't much but go to the zoo and walk around (carrying him) and then just handing out candy at the house. Neither Jason nor I actually dressed up last year.

This year we were invited to a friends house for a halloween party, so we were kinda excited that we got to dress up along with our little guy!

So Tanner was a dinosaur. Our friends little boy was going to be Buzz Lightyear so Tanner was going to be Woody. I ordered his costume online TWICE and both times they came back a few days later saying it was sold out. So I ended up buying a dinosaur costume that I actually LOVED! Last year it was so cold that I wanted him to have something warm, and sure enough it was in the high 70's most of the day but it did get a little chilly towards the end of the night.

So Jason and I.....so I went looking for something and couldn't find anything where my boobs were hanging out or the skirt was too dang short. So one day I came across a red haired wig with braids sticking out....I was so excited...PIPPI LONGSTOCKING!! I loved those movies and made up my mind to buy the wig!! I went to the thrift store to get a bluejean jumper and found some striped stockings at a halloween store! YEAH!

Now for Jason...all week I kept asking, what are you going to do for halloween. He just kept saying "I'll figure it out"...I would be out and see a somewhat good priced costume and I would call and he would say "No, I'll figure it out"....well I knew what that meant. I better figure something out for him or he's not going to dress up! So I talked to my friend Michelle in AL through instant messanger one day and she found some website of cheap costume ideas. We were going through them.

1. put on a hat, hang a leaf in front of your face...when someone asks what you are, you blow on the leaf and say "leafblower"

2. Put on a white trashbag and we "whitetrash"
3. carry around a hammer and a quarter, when asked, hit the quarter with the hammer "quarter-pounder"

4. ok I can't think of the rest but the list went on and on.

So Jason gets home on FRIDAY...the day of halloween and says "I have to figure out what I'm going to be"...ya think!
So I gave him the suggestions....guess what he picks......



Yup, he's WHITETRASH! The hat he's wearing is MINE!! He ended up adding some paper and a lot of other things in the bag before we got to the party so he was actually pretty funny!!

Here is Tanner and I, Pippi Longstocking and the Dinosaur!! :)


This entry was posted on 11/05/2008 07:42:00 AM . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

1 comments

OMG! Tanner looks adorable! I love Pippi and Whitetrash also! Do you have any pictures from the party?? I miss you guys soo much! Finals start this week so Im studying like crazy... Home in less than 2 weeks now!! Happy Studying, and know that you'll be cutting a rug with FRAGO after your last final! yay! Speaking of that -- I don't know Alex's email, but definitely tell her about it and see if she wants to come out too! See you soon!

Post a Comment